Content Writer (Remote)
The Content Writer will conduct research, create copy, and work with senior copywriters. You will work closely with the Creative team to write engaging content that adds value to our products and brands.
The Content Writer responsibilities include conducting
SEO and keyword research, writing blog posts, updating product descriptions,
writing promotional copy for marketing campaigns, and other ad hoc content.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and proofread content
- Create promotional copy for ads, banners,
brochures, and social media posts
- Conduct basic keyword research
- Submit well-structured drafts to senior
copywriters and editors within deadlines
- Update existing content on our web pages
- Participate in email marketing campaigns
- Implement SEO best practices to increase blog
- Coordinate with designers to complement copy
with images, graphics, and charts, as needed
- Produce Quality Content: The Junior
Content Writer should have mastery of grammar, punctuation, and spelling. As a
Junior Content Writer, you are expected to create easy-to-read content, make
complex topics simple, and write compelling copy, using the approved style and
format set by the Content Manager.
- Conduct Research: Once you’re
assigned a topic, you should know exactly where to go and dive into the
appropriate resources for answers. Know how to research correctly, what
keywords to target, and how to get the most out of your results.
- Achieve Content Longevity: Copywriting
is always changing based on the demands of search engines and consumers. The
biggest challenge to copywriters is coming up with something new, even if it
has been done many times before.
- Understand User Experience (UX): Instead of
setting high standards on technical requirements, you should be aware of
streamlined user experiences. Use the words (keywords) that make sense based on
the search intent, the topic, the focus of the content, and all the other
relevant features. You are also expected to understand the consumer buying
process to craft compelling copy.
- Write with Impact: To write
something that sells, you need to touch the readers on an emotional level. By
using the power of empathy, you prime the reader for your copy and may increase
the likelihood they will follow your call-to-action at the end. It’s also
essential to understand the way they think to generate the desired action you
want them to do.
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
EST/DST | Monday to Friday
- Hungry for Achievement
- Works hard
- Team Player
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven work experience as a copywriter, editor, or related role with a strong portfolio
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with the ability to communicate in a wide range of literary styles and formats
- Basic knowledge of SEO and Online Content Strategy
- Ability to work proactively and multitask while maintaining close attention to detail
- Effective time management with the ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly-evolving environment
- Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing, English, Marketing, Communications or similar relevant field
- Two years of Copywriting/Content Writing experience at a Creative Agency or E-Commerce Company
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Are you looking to transition to a job that lets you work from home permanently? An international and diverse work atmosphere? A chance to be a part of a fast-growing company and the next success story? If so, you've come to the right place! Below are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Birthday Bonus
- Medical Allowance
- Paid Holidays (US and PH)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Profit Sharing
- Year-end bonus (13th-month pay)
- Yearly performance appraisal